Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Full Time
Provide design and development solutions for developing datalake.Apply vast knowledge of technology and design techniques and approaches across the data warehouse life cycle phases to design an integrated, quality solution to address the business requirements.Analyze requirements and transform them into corresponding technical requirements.Implement ETL and Data warehouse best practices for better performance.Effectively communicate with other development team members and demonstrate the ability to deliver quality results in a timely fashion.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform data analysis using SQL by gathering data from multiple sources like excel, MS SQL, MYSQL etc.
- Perform data engineering and data preprocessing for summary tables using stored procedures and ETL.
- Work with stakeholders in understanding requirements.
- Work with subsidiary data owners/SMEs/stewards in understanding data stack/SORs, analysis, profiling, mapping to Common Data Model, etc.
- Perform bug analysis/resolution, lead UAT, work with end-users, etc.
- Build and maintain reports and visualizations which provide insight into key drivers of core business outcomes through analytics and statistical techniques
- Identify opportunities for business improvement through analysis of underlying data.
- Build dashboards and reports using Tableau.
- Demonstrate ownership & leadership in analytics and/or data deliverables with strong customer focus and relationship skills
- Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes using DataStage 11.5 Parallel version.
- Use experience in working on Quality Stage for data cleansing, data standardization and Data Profiling including Column Analysis, Primary Key Analysis, Foreign Key Analysis, Cross domain Analysis, Base Line analysis.
- Use IBM Info Sphere Information Analyzer to assess the quality of data from different sources by identifying inconsistencies, redundancies, and anomalies in data at the column, table, and cross-table level by Configuring resources,
- Importing metadata, specifying analysis settings, analyzing columns, analyzing tables, publishing analysis results.
- Data Modeling for building Data Warehouses using ER modeling containing attributes, which can be properties of either the entities or the relationships and Dimensional modeling using measures, facts, and dimensions and then building Star and Snowflake Schemas.
- Work on data warehousing techniques like Change Data Capture (CDC) and Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD) to perform Incremental loading in the DataStage
- Work on Oracle, SQL Server, databases and development like creating stored Procedures, Indexes, Functions and Triggers.
- Write UNIX shell scripts, Perl scripts and C++ languages. Scheduling the jobs using schedulers like DataStage Director, AutoSys, and Control-M for Defining, Scheduling and Monitoring jobs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or its equivalent in the same and/or related fields.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience as a solid Business Data Analysis/ETL Developer/
- Significant experience and knowledge of ETL tools (such as, IBM Datastage Infosphere ,MySQL, Oracle 11, SQL Server, Tableau, Java,Shell Scripting, UNIX.).
- Strong proficiency in IBM Datastage, MySql and Oracle .
- Strong experience in data warehousing design.
- Solid understanding of ETL architectures.
- Must have developed and enforced data standards in a previous experience. Should have strong writing skills to prepare meta data and data dictionary and publish for the firm’s use.
- Strong background in developing complex SQL inquiries.
- Expertise in performance-tuning in SQL and BI tool.
- Experience with upgrading BI tool versions.
- Perform user story refinement by working with business.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly as it relates to data modeling and enterprise data architecture.
- Experience designing for enterprise use in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and comprehend existing complex system infrastructures.
- Ability to resolve design challenges, architectural issues and design conflicts.